Bed bugs are blood-sucking insects that feed on their victims as they sleep. No one wants to find out they have become a meal for bed bugs. Unfortunately, it can sometimes be challenging to determine a home has a bed bug problem because these bugs are so minuscule. Thankfully, some signs can help determine if there is a bed bug problem present.
Signs of Bed Bugs
Being aware of the signs of bed bugs will help individuals to ensure they know what to look for to determine if they need to call Nest Pest Control. The following are some of the most common signs of bed bugs in homes.
- Unfortunately, one of the first signs individuals will likely notice is being bitten by bed bugs. Bed bug bites are small, red, and itchy, and they form a zigzag pattern. If these are seen when a person wakes up, they are likely coming from bed bugs.
- Individuals may notice there are streaks of blood on their bedding and pillows when they wake up. Bed bugs bite and release an anticoagulant that causes the blood to flow freely.
- Rusty, coffee-like grounds may be found on bedding or mattresses. The excrement of the bed bug causes these after it has been feeding off the blood of its victim.
- Individuals may notice egg casings or shed skins left behind. These are yellowish and waxy. Bed bugs shed their skin often, and egg casings mean the young have hatched, and the population is growing.
- When the bed bug problem becomes severe, a strong, musty smell can begin to occur. This smell occurs because of the release of scent glands on the bed bugs.
How to Get Pest Control Help
If you have noticed any of the above signs, now is the time to seek pest control services from the professionals. Waiting too long to find these services will only cause the population to increase and the problem to worsen.
Allow these professionals to help you get rid of your bed bug problem once and for all. They will work to ensure your home is safe from these pests.